BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 8

Big Decisions in High School

A friend of mine asked me to write a blog for him about high school and big decisions we make.

When a teenager enters high school it is a brand new world. High school comes hand-in-hand with other big life-changing decisions and you should think things through BEFORE you do them!

From my personal experience you learn all kinds of new things about life in general. You learn about drugs, alcohol, sex, pregnancy, love, and heart-breaks. You make new friends and lose some old ones. The question you should ask yourself is, "are these new friends good for me to be with?" It can save you from trouble in the long run.

Driving is a new experience most teens get to learn about in high school as well. I recommend taking driver's education! You can never be prepared enough for what adventures you will face on the road on any given day! LOL

The biggest thing that I have had trouble with so far is love. Its not that I have had trouble finding it, just keeping it. I have had two serious boyfriends in three years and if I knew then what I know now, I would have done things a little different. Heart-breaks are the worse things to go through in the world. Love bites, love bleeds! Def Leppard was right! It is very strange how you find things out. I had two boyfriends and I recently found out that two guys liked me. One of them, for three-four years, the other for SEVEN! While I did at one point like the seven-year guy, I knew then and I know now that he isn't good for me.

Big decisions are put on your shoulders. Decisions to drive or not. Make the friends or don't. Take the shot of liquor or don't. Smoke the cigarettes/weed or don't. Give in to peer pressure or don't. Whatever you decide, remember that it effects everyone around you! You always have someone who cares about you. Caring comes along with a love between friends, and just like any love, it comes along with worrying about mistakes and problems.

Remember that everything comes with the possibility that you may regret your actions. Think through them before you do them. Just always remember that even though you may regret something later, you had a good reason for doing it at the time.

Does that make sense?

1 observation(s):

Patrick said...

Wow thanks Britany. Very insightful. You did not write that just for me by the way... Even though iasked you to it was more for yourself then it was for me. i tend to do that now spend the rest of yur day in silence. Silent reflection is what you need right now...