BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 21

Hotlanta Melts My Face!!

I am finally home. I have so much to tell you guys about. I got up early last Monday morning and went to my school to take Senior Pictures!!! I will post them up as soon as I get some for you. I will also post pictures from this past week hopefully tomorrow. I have to load them on my computer and all that good stuff. I will give you a day-by-day schedule.

Monday:
I got up and got dressed. Went to McDonald's to get a Southern Style Chicken Biscuit for breakfast. [YUM!] Then I went to school and took my Sen10r pics :) After that I came home and finished putting my bags in our RV. Then we took off for a several hour venture to Atlanta to Stone Mountain :) For those of you who don't know, Stone Mountain is the largest granite mountain in the world. Only 10% of the mountain is expose above the earth's surface. On the Mountain there is a carving of three men. Stonewall Jackson, Robert E. Lee, and Jefferson Davis. To see pictures of the mountain please visit http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMFG5 That is the largest sculpture on a mountain in the whole entire world. It is even bigger than Mt. Rushmore. When we got to Stone Mountain, we set up our camp and ate some supper. After that we went to some of the shops near the mountain, watched Journey to the Center of the Earth in 4D, rode the train around the mountain, and then watched the laser light show. If you have never seen it, I can tell you it is absolutely spectacular! It is complete with fog machines, thousands of lasers, fireworks, and pyrotechnics! After the laser light show we got back to camp around 11:30 and went to bed.

Tuesday:
We got up extremely early and drove to the Georgia Dome so I could register for American Idol. We stood in line for about 2 and a half hours, which wasn't too bad. It wasn't hot yet. After I was registered and had my tickets and wristbands for American Idol we went back to camp and took a nap. After our nap we hung out around camp, went shopping some more, and did some of the fun things Stone Mountain has to offer. When we were all finished we went back to camp, took showers, and went to bed.

Wednesday:
We just kinda chilled out for a while before going to get our wristbands from ATL Fest.For those of you who don't know, ATL Fest is the equivalent of Christian Warped Tour. There are three stages that are occupied from 9 AM to about 1 AM the next day with bands, singers, and speakers from all over the world. [Keep in mind there were several other bands besides the ones I mention here. I am only naming the ones I personally saw.] Later that afternoon we went back to ATL Fest to see some of the bands. Brad Fogarty was the awesome emcee of the whole event. Check out his website at www.bradfogarty.com Wednesday night kicked off with Building 429 and the laser light show. Building 429 was absolutely amazing. They were one of my favorites. :) After the concert we went back to camp. We had to get up early Thursday morning.

Thursday:
We got up extremely early and got dressed in order to be at the GA dome by 8 AM. American Idol auditions started then. When we got to the dome we had to wait outside for a few minutes, go through a bag check and throw away our food. We weren't allowed to have anything but one bottle of water per person. Thankfully we got a nice bag checker and he didn't make us throw away everything. We packed lunch :P We did share our food with people around us because prices at the dome were outrageous! They wanted $4.00 for a SMALL!!! cup of coffee. After the camera guys from American Idol got the tapes they wanted from the audience to put on the show, they began auditions. Yes people, popular to contrary belief, there are other rounds before you get to Simon, Paula, Randy, and Kara. This was round one. You had to go up in groups of four at a time and sing for a panel of producers. After waiting for several hours, it was my turn to sing. Unfortunately the producers I got to didn't let anybody at all through to the next round. I wasn't too worried though, because there is always next year. After the producers declined my whole group, I went through, had my wristband cut off and thrown away, and went back to camp to take another nap. LOL. I was full of naps this past week. After our nap we went to the concerts. We saw Remedy Drive, The Afters, Leeland, and Skillet. Skillet was totally my favorite band. Check them out at www.myspace.com/skilletmusic

Friday:
We slept in! LOL! For the first day, we slept in!!! :) It was awesome. When we got up we hung out around camp for a while. Jerry and I went swimming illegally in Stone Mountain Lake. After that we went to the concerts. We saw KJ-52, Stellar Kart, downhere, Phil Joel, Brandon heath, Live Fish Band, and Kutless. After the shows we went back and went to bed.

Saturday:
Sadly, the last day of Atlanta Fest. :( I wasn't ready to leave but I was excited for the concerts!! We saw Tenth Avenue North, Krsitan Stanfill, Natalie Grant, Family Force 5, Paul Young, Hearts of Saints, and Casting Crowns. After the concerts, I bet you can't guess what we did! LOL.

Sunday: we woke up and headed home.

I hope everyone else had a great week!

1 observation(s):

AngelDust12 said...

Whoa I bet your exhausted. Waking up early seems horrible though.LOL